GIANNANDREA STYLES NATALIE DORMER’S HAIR AT THE 20TH ANNUAL SCREEN ACTORS GUILD AWARDS
(Los Angeles, CA January 18, 2014) - Editorial andCelebrity Hair Stylist, Giannandrea (The Wall Group), recognized as one of the industry's most respected hairstylists. A native of Italy, he was inspired by the culture of high fashion and art that surrounded his childhood. He began styling hair at 14 and by 16 began freelancing and styling local Italian singers. His celebrity clientele includes Gwyneth Paltrow, Natalie Dormer, Scarlett Johansson and Drew Barrymore to name a few. Giannandrea is sought after for his enduring enthusiasm and passion for the craft, together with his commitment to artistic research. His ability to combine classic styles with modern trends makes him the perfect fit to work with Macadamia Natural Oil
Natalie Dormer, in attendance at the event as a nominee with the cast of Game of Thrones (nominated for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series) debuts her new look at the 20th annual Screen Actors Guild Awards. Giannandrea used his magical hands to wow us with Natalie Dormer’s sophisticated punk hairstyle for the 20th annual Screen Actors Guild Awards using Macadamia Natural Oil products. This modern look complimented her Marios Schwab dress, both modern and edgy.
How to achieve her luscious, voluminous locks?
1. Giannandrea had Dormer prep the night before using Macadamia Natural Oil’s Flawless, an innovative 6-in-1 cleansing system that cleanses, conditions, cuts blow dry time in half, detangles, enhances volume and eliminates frizz. “We knew we’d be doing the big reveal,” gushes Giannandrea. “I wanted Natalie’s hair in tip-top shape and Flawless always does the trick as it not only cleanses and conditions, it enhances the volume of my client’s hair helping create beautiful styles.”
2. Giannandrea styled by smoothing his hands through Dormer’s mane with Macadamia Natural Oil’s Healing Oil Treatment, then sectioning off hair into 2” sections and blow-drying with a large round boar bristle brush.
3. After hair was blown out he continued curling hair with a 1” curling iron and continuously spraying Macadamia Natural Oil’s Control hairspray. This fast-drying, working spray provides lightweight hold and a touchable finish.“Control adds texture and sets the hair in motion,” Giannandrea states. “Hair of all textures is left frizz-free, full of shine and with no residue.”
4. At the back of her head Giannandrea created a French braid from her crown to the nape of her neck. Giannandrea formed Dormer’s French twist to follow the hairline that was shaved to contour her back.
5. Dormer’s French braid flowed into her long waves beautifully and Giannandrea finished off by spraying a paddle brush with Macadamia Natural Oil’s Volumizing Dry shampoo to amplify texture and density of Dormer’s hair.
6. Once hair was completely brushed to the side he ran his fingers through her waves with Healing Oil Treatment and set the waves in place with Control.