About Tai Wah
Tai Wah started as a partnership in 1956 with ofﬁces in Singapore, Malaysia and Hong Kong. Major brands marketed and distributed previously by Tai Wah includes Wella, Ella Bache, Sothy, Nemactrons, Takata and 4711.
In 1985, Tai Wah entered into joint venture with Wella AG in a manufacturing plant in Malaysia and distribution companies in Singapore, Malaysia and Hong Kong. Tai Wah has since divested all its interests in these joint ventures.
Over the years, Tai Wah has developed an extensive professional distribution network in South East Asia and China. It currently markets and distributes the P&G Salon professionals brands. (Wella Professional, System Professional, Sebastian Professional, Clairol Professional and Nioxin).
Tai Wah entered the Chinese market in the late 1990s and invested in manufacturing facilities in China. We manufacture hair equipment like hair dryers, hair irons and machines for the hair and beauty industry.
We had developed our own range of hair and beauty equipments, machines and accessories under our brand, TUFT. At the same time, it also markets and sell OEM services.
Tai Wah has taken a more global view of its business interests and currently service a wide customer base from all over the world.
In Tai Wah, we focus on product development so that we can manufacture quality products for the Hair and beauty industry.
We work with both our engineers and external factory engineers to harness technology for new products. We keep ourself updated with the latest technology by working closely with specialist consultation agency like A*Star, Enterprise Singapore in the research and development of our products.
We aspire to be the best service driven company in the international markets.
• To adopt a “partner in business” attitude towards all suppliers and customers.
• To ensure that customers are provided with quality products and the highest level of service.
• To develop all brands entrusted upon us to the best of our abilities.
- Started as a partnership
- Appointed as the distributor for professional hair care representing “Wella Professional” in Singapore, Malaysia and Hong Kong
- Market major professional hair and beauty products brands
- Registered as a private limited company
- Started the distribution of professional beauty care products and machine.
- Distributorship of Wella Professional is extended to a Joint Venture company in Singapore, Malaysia and HongKong
- Started our house brand for professional hair equipment, TUFT
- Appointed as the Regional Distributor for WAHL in Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia and Hong Kong
- Took on the regional distribution of P&G Salon Professional Brands
- Venture into consumer hair equipments, PLAY by TUFT
- Invested in manufacturing facilities in China
- Apart from our in house brand, We provide OEM service globally in the supply of hair machine and equipment
- Establish our team of Research & Development engineers to design and develop our own range of hair and beauty equipments.
- Focus on technology development for our range of products
- We venture oversea with TUFT and establish various distribution channels
- Establish our manufacturing facilities in Batam, Indonesia
- Establish our manufacturing facilities in Malaysia